!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Union Bank Board approves raising up to Rs 8,100 crore
Bengal governor vs Mamata: State cabinet says CM will be chancellor of state universities
The West Bengal cabinet has given its nod to introduce a bill to make the chief minister the chancellor of state-run universities, said minister Bratya Basu.
26 foreign terrorists killed in J-K since January
14 of the slain foreign terrorists were from Jaish, founded by Masood Azhar, while 12 were affiliated to LeT set up by Hafiz Mohammad Sayeed.
Govt to take action against fake reviews on e-commerce
Department of Consumer Affairs to hold meeting with e-Commerce entities and stakeholders to discuss magnitude of fake reviews and prepare a roadmap ahead.
Gyanvapi case update
“This suit by the Hindu party is utterly non-maintainable and should be rejected under Order 7 Rule 11 of the CPC,” the Masjid committee argues.
Rashtriya Janata Dal’s Dr Misa Bharti and Dr Faiyaz Ahmad are the party’s candidates for Rajya Sabha
Third-party motor insurance premium to go up from June 1
- According to the revised rates notified by the MoRTH, private cars with an engine capacity of 1,000 cc will attract rates of Rs 2,094 compared to Rs 2,072 in 2019-20.
- Similarly, private cars with an engine capacity between 1,000 cc and 1,500 cc will attract rates of Rs 3,416 compared to Rs 3,221
- Owners of cars above 1,500 cc will see a drop in premium from Rs 7,897 to Rs 7,890.
- Two-wheelers over 150 cc but not exceeding 350 cc will attract a premium of Rs 1,366
- For over 350 cc, the revised premium will be Rs 2,804.
Markets halt 3-day decline; Sensex rallies over 500 pts
- Sensex rallied 503 points to end at 54,253; Nifty jumps 144 points to 16,170.
- During the day, it zoomed 597 points or 1.1 percent to 54,346.
- The broader Nifty gained 144 points or 0.9% to end at 16,170.
- Rupee slips 2 paise to close at 77.57 against the US dollar
37% water stock left in Maharashtra reservoirs: Govt
Water reservoirs in Maharashtra currently have 37 per cent stock, while 401 tankers are supplying water to several scarcity-hit areas, the state government said on Thursday.
Moody’s rating upgrade impact
Price as on 26 May, 2022 03:06 PM, Click on company names for their live prices.
Moody’s upgrades Bharti Airtel to Baa3; outlook changed to stable from positive
- Moody’s Investors Service has assigned a Baa3 issuer rating to Bharti Airtel & has withdrawn the company’s Ba1 corporate family rating
- Moody’s has changed the outlook on the ratings to stable from positive
- The stable outlook reflects Bharti’s improving operating profile credit metrics, including Moody’s expectation of growing free cash flows and liquidity over the next 12-24 months, particularly at the core Indian operations
ONGC offers stake in KG block to foreign firms
- ONGCis offering a stake to foreign companies in its ultra deepsea gas discovery and a high-pressure, high-temperature block in the KG basin as it looks for financial and technological help to bring the challenging fields to production.
- ONGC has floated an initial tender seeking interest of global majors with “requisite technical expertise and financial strength” to join as partners in development of the Deen Dayal West (DDW) block as well as ultra-deep discoveries in Cluster-III of its KG-D5 area.
- Expressions of Interest (EoIs) have been invited by June 16, according to the tender floated by the company.
China says it has ‘no intention’ to build military base in Solomon Islands
Russia says Western reporters to be expelled if YouTube blocks foreign ministry briefings
- Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said that reporters from Western countries will be expelled from Russia if YouTube blocks access to her briefings, TASS news agency reported.
- Zakharova holds a weekly briefly on topical issues in Russian foreign policy that is broadcast on YouTube and other platforms.
Turkey in talks with Russia, Ukraine over grain-export corridor
- Ankara is in negotiations with Moscow and Kyiv to open a corridor via Turkey for grain exports from Ukraine, a senior Turkish official told Reuters today
- Ukraine’s Black Sea ports have been blocked since Russia invaded in February and more than 20 million tonnes of grain are stuck in silos there. Russia and Ukraine account for nearly a third of global wheat supplies and the lack of exports from Ukraine is contributing to a growing global food crisis.
Defence ministry extends deadline for annual life certification for pensioners
Ministry of Defence extends the timeline for completing the annual identification/life certification by defence pensioners until June 25th.
Chinese visa scam case against Karti
Delhi’s Court grants interim protection to Congress MP Karti Chidambaram from arrest till May 30 in an alleged money laundering case registered by ED in connection with an alleged Chinese visa scam.
India’s GDP growth likely to be 8.2-8.5 per cent in FY22: SBI report
The government is scheduled to release Q4 FY22 GDP numbers on 31 May.
Morgan Stanley cuts China growth forecast
Morgan Stanley cuts China growth forecast to 3.2% from 4.2%
Germany approves Covaxin
- Germany has approved Covaxin COVID19 vaccine.
- The entrants will no longer need proof of vaccination as the Federal Cabinet relaxes restrictions: Bharat Biotech
- It will come into effect from June 1
Canada confirms 16 monkeypox cases
- The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has confirmed 16 cases of monkeypox in the country.
- All the cases have been reported in the province of Quebec;
- According to the statement, cases of monkeypox are being identified and treated by local health clinics.
DA case against Om Prakash Chautala
Delhi Court will pronounce the sentence order tomorrow in Om Prakash Chautala disproportionate assets case.
Russian Central bank cuts key rates
Russian Central bank cuts key rate by 300 bps to 11% from 14%
Summer vacations in Haryana from June 1
Haryana government announces summer vacations in all government and private schools from June 1 to June 30.
Zydus Life gets final US FDA nod for Pemetrexed Injection
Pemetrexed injection is used to treat certain types of cancers such as lung cancer, mesothelioma. It is a chemotherapy drug that works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells,
Jet Airways staff association challenges airline’s resolution plan before NCLAT
- In October 2020, the airline’s Committee of Creditors approved the resolution plan submitted by the consortium of the UK’s Kalrock Capital and the UAE-based entrepreneur Murari Lal Jalan.
- The plan was later cleared by the Mumbai bench of the NCLT.
- Last week, Jet Airways’ air operator certificate was revalidated by the aviation regulator DGCA, paving the way for the relaunch of the airline, which was grounded in April 2019 due to financial woes.
Delhi L-G Vinai Kumar Saxena
- Want to tell Delhi people that I will work as local guardian and not as lieutenant governor: Vinai Kumar Saxena after taking oath
- I will be visible more on roads than at Raj Niwas, he said
- Pollution is a major issue in Delhi. I will try to solve this problem along with the Centre, Delhi Government and local citizens
UP govt sets FRBM limit at 4%
SC sets aside Delhi HC order staying SFIO probe into nine companies related to Sahara group
UP govt aims to create 4 lakh jobs in 5 years
- UP Finance Minister also said more than 5 lakh jobs created by investors’ summit
- A summit organised in 2018 yielded investment proposals of around Rs 4.68 lakh crore, of which implementation of investment proposals of Rs 3 lakh crore is in various stages, the finance minister said.
- Over 5 lakh jobs are being created from these investments.
- More such proposals are expected in another summit next week.
10,000 startups, 100 incubators to be set up in Uttar Pradesh in five years
To promote entrepreneurship and innovation in various fields among the youth, under the new UP Startup Policy-2020, a target has been set to establish a total of 100 incubators and 10,000 startups in 5 years.
Rs 2,100 crore set aside for 14 medical colleges in UP
Old age pension doubled in UP
The old age pension increased from Rs 500 to Rs 1,000
UP Budget: Women safety
- The state government has set up “Women Help Desk” at all 1535 police stations
- Designating women beat constables in the recent budget announced
UP Budgets Updates
- UP govt data indicates 2021/22 GDSP below Rs 20 lakh crore
- In its advance estimates, the Directorate of Economic and Statistics of the Uttar Pradesh government has indicated the GSDP for 2021-2022 may remain at about Rs 19.10 lakh crore.
- UP finance minister Suresh Khanna said the target is to make the UP economy $1 trillion in size, to help fulfill prime minister Narendra Modi’s goal of making India a $5 trillion economy.
- More than 5 lakh jobs created by investors’ summit
India exported wheat worth $177 million in March, $473 million in April
Weeks after the Central government banned wheat exports to control price rise, the Centre has announced that India exported wheat worth USD 177 million in March and USD 473 million in April this year
Vinai Kumar Saxena takes oath as Lieutenant Governor of Delhi
Delhi | Vinai Kumar Saxena takes oath as Lieutenant Governor of Delhi https://t.co/cDEYu7uMIB
— ANI (@ANI) 1653545875000
Indian, Pakistani killed in UAE gas blast that injured 120
- A gas cylinder explosion in Abu Dhabi earlier this week that injured 120 people killed an Indian and a Pakistani national
- India’s External Affairs Ministry said one Indian died and around 100 were injured in the blast Monday in Abu Dhabi’s Khalidiya neighborhood
- Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry said the explosion killed one Pakistani and wounded others
Sri Lanka and India are in talks for an RBI swap of about $1 billion
- Sri Lanka and India are in talks for an RBI swap of about $1 billion
- They see the next 3 months as the ‘biggest challenge’, as the country is facing about a $500 mn monthly FX shortage
Money laundering case
ED files chargesheet against Karnataka Congress president DK Shivakumar
Sports facilities in Delhi to stay open till 10 pm
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has directed all state-run sports facilities in city to stay open for sportspersons till 10 pm: Manish Sisodia
- The direction comes following a media report that the Thyagraj Stadium was being closed for sports activities earlier than usual so that an IAS officer could walk his dog at the facility.
Germany to relax Covid travel restrictions
- Germany will relax its Covid-19 travel restrictions during the summer months
- Germany will therefore joined the last countries in the European Union (EU) to ease their rules for travellers from the other member states of the bloc or Schengen-associated countries.
- Most Covid-19 restrictions in Germany were dropped in April.
Indian Navy successfully tests surface to air missile system for low flying target
UP Finance Minister Suresh Khanna will present the state Budget shortly
- “The focus of this Budget is on the creation of infrastructure, generation of employment opportunities, youth and women,” Khanna said before the Budget presentation.
- Public welfare budget dedicated to overall development of Uttar Pradesh will be presented in assembly today: CM Yogi Adityanath
Rajya Sabha elections
- RLD chief Jayant Chaudhary to be the joint candidate of the SP and RLD
- He is the third candidate of the SP alliance after Kapil Sibal (independent) and Javed Ali Khan filed their nominations yesterday.
Aurobindo Pharma arm gets FDA approval for Pemetrexed injection
- Pemetrexed injection is used to treat Cancer
- Pemetrexed injection has an estimated market size of $1,272 million for the 12 months ending March 2022
Nifty breaches 16,000 mark
Hate Speech case
- Kerala Congress leader PCGeorge sent to 14 days judicial custody
- The arrest was recorded in a case of alleged hate speech against Muslims in Anantapuri Hindu Maha Sammelan in Thiruvananthapuram on April 30.
Income Tax raids at premises of Asian Granito India in Gujarat
- Income Tax raids are underway at 35-40 premises in Gujarat. Raids are being conducted at premises of Asian Granito India
- Searches underway in Ahmedabad, Vadodara & north Gujarat
34th Jharkhand National Games scam
- CBI conducting raids at residences of former Jharkhand minister & Congress leader Bandhu Tirkey.
- Tirkey was sports minister when the tender process for the games started and was allocated.
- In April, Tirkey was disqualified as a member of the Legislative Assembly after being convicted in a DA case
Murali Sreeshankar claims long jump gold in Greece
- Murali Sreeshankar won the gold medal at the 12th International Jumping Meeting in Kallithea, Greece with an effort of 8.31m.
- Sreeshankar was followed by Swede Thobias Montler, who claimed silver with an 8.27m jump
- And Jules Pommery of France bagged bronze with an 8.17m effort in the 10-man field
- Only the top three jumpers crossed the 8m-mark
Russia cancels upper age limit for military personnel
Previously, Russian citizens aged 18-40 and foreigners aged 18-30 were entitled to conclude the first contract for military service.
India also needs tighter laws on firearms: Chidambaram on Texas shooting
- “As hate speech and hate killings thrive, we must use all avenues to stop this madness from overwhelming the whole world,” Chidambaram said.
- One way is to impose severe gun controls and severely restrict who can buy or own a weapon, he said.
- In one of the worst school shootings in the US, an 18-year-old gunman in body armour massacred at least 21 people, including 19 children and two adults, inside a classroom at a Texas elementary school.
Hindustan Zinc stake sale
Vedanta creates pledge on entire stake for a term loan of Rs 8,000 crore
Domestic equity and currency markets open higher
- Sensex jumps 353.1 points to 54,102 points in early trade; Nifty climbs 104 points to 16,129.90 points
- Rupee inches 3 paise higher to 77.52 against the US dollar in early trade
Money laundering probe
ED conducts raids at seven locations in Pune and Mumbai of Maharashtra minister and Shiv Sena leader Anil Parab
Apple hikes pay budget for US workers
- Apple Inc is raising the overall compensation budget for its US employees amid broadening inflationary pressures and a push for unionization, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- The starting pay for hourly workers in the United States will rise to $22, or higher based upon the market, a 45% increase from 2018 levels.
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala | District court sends former MLA PC George to 14 days judicial custody in an alleged hate speech case
Shutdown, clashes in Srinagar over Yasin Malik’s conviction
Most parts of Srinagar city observed spontaneous strike on Wednesday and youngsters clashed with the police and paramilitary forces in Maisuma area, in protest against the conviction of the chairman of the banned separatist organisation Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front in a funding case by the National Investigation Agency court in New Delhi.
Shanghai to allow some students to resume class from June 6
Students in junior and senior year of high school in Shanghai will be allowed to resume school on campus from June 6, Yang Zhenfeng, deputy director of the Shanghai Education Commission, said on Thursday.